WASHINGTON - Stuck inside with the kids and sense a meltdown on the horizon?
Barbara Kline, president of White House Nannies, has some tips and ideas to keep the kids occupied - without the TV and iPad.
- Have a junior chef competition or baking competition in the kitchen.
- Have the kids create a family menu for the week, full of things they'd like to
eat. Then, plan a trip to the store and start the meal prep.
- Build a fort or a maze with blankets and pillows.
- Put up a tent in the living room and have a "camping experience." You can even
toast marshmallows in the fireplace.
- Let the kids raid your closet for an afternoon of dress-up.
- Are the neighborhood kids home? Join forces to give the kids new play buddies - and the adults a bit of a break.
- Get out of the house: Bowling, museums, arts and crafts shops and local bounce
houses are all great spots for kids to stay entertained and active.
© 2014 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.