WASHINGTON - A faulty furnace is to blame for a Falls Church carbon monoxide leak that sent three people to the hospital Wednesday morning.
Fairfax County emergency crews responded to the Baileys Crossroads apartment building in the 3600 block of Malibu Circle at about 2:30 a.m. after several residents complained of nausea, headache and dizziness. Emergency crews transported an adult woman and an adult man to INOVA Fairfax Hospital. Another man was transported to Arlington Hospital.
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue representatives initially reported that the three victims were in life-threatening condition, but by 6 a.m. said they would all be OK.
Firefighters used meters and found high levels of carbon monoxide in the apartment.
Officials evacuated all 11 apartments in the three-story building. Officials authorized residents to enter the apartments after a four-hour wait while firefighters ventilated the building.
Washington Gas crews determined a faulty furnace in the area caused the carbon monoxide poisoning.
A map of the location of the apartment is below:
View Larger Map
Follow @WTOP on Twitter.
© 2013 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.