WASHINGTON - U.S. servicemembers are being honored by the Washington Nationals with free and discounted tickets during selected home games this season, as part of the team's Patriotic Series.
On Saturday, April 27, the Nats will offer 3,000 tickets to servicemembers for free. The limit is two tickets per military ID that is presented. Half-off tickets for servicemembers will also be available.
Dates for the 2013 Patriotic Series:
- Military Appreciation Day - Saturday, April 27 vs. Cincinnati Reds
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 27 vs. Baltimore Orioles
- Independence Day - Thursday, July 4 vs. Milwaukee Brewers
- Heroes Day - Friday, September 13 vs. Philadelphia Phillies
It's the third consecutive season the Nationals are holding their Patriotic Series.
The team is also honoring the five military branches in a set of home games as part of what the team calls "Military Branch Days."
The Nats honored the Navy on April 12.
The branches will be honored at the following games:
- U.S. Marine Corps - Wednesday, May 8 vs. Detroit Tigers
- U.S. Army - Thursday, June 20 vs. Colorado Rockies
- U.S. Coast Guard - Monday, August 5 vs. Atlanta Braves
- U.S. Air Force - Thursday, September 19 vs. Miami Marlins
Fans with a military ID receive a $5 discount at every game.
Follow WTOP on Twitter.
© 2013 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.