WESTMINSTER, Md. - The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office says a homeless woman apparently set the fire that killed her outside a Westminster thrift shop.
Deputy State Fire Marshal Bruce Bouch (bowtch) said Friday that investigators believe 59-year-old Paula Mae Carlisle was either trying to warm herself or heat some food when her clothing accidentally ignited.
She died early Tuesday morning of smoke inhalation and burn injuries near the rear entrance to The Spare Room thrift shop on Main Street.
The shop is run by the Westminster Rescue Mission. The rescue mission is in another part of town.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)