Comment
9
Tweet
0
Print
RSS Feeds

Officials believe dog started Va. Beach fire

Thursday - 1/10/2013, 4:25am  ET

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (AP) - A dog is being blamed for starting a fire that heavily damaged a Virginia Beach home.

City fire spokesman Tim Riley says officials believe the Rottweiler's paw hit a knob as the dog was going after food stored above a gas stove.

Media outlets report the stove ignited the kitchen cabinets in the one-story home.

No one was home at the time. A neighbor rescued the dog before firefighters arrived.


(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)