Comment
0
Tweet
1
Print
RSS Feeds

Home fire in Aberdeen causes $100k damage

Monday - 12/31/2012, 8:47am  ET

ABERDEEN, Md. - Officials say a fire caused by an unattended candle caused $100,000 in damage to a home in Aberdeen.

The Baltimore Sun ( http://bsun.md/UfuAC7) reports fire officials were called to the home on Defense Drive around 11 p.m. Saturday. Officials say a 4- year-old who lived in the home discovered the fire in his bedroom and told his grandmother, the home's owner.

The grandmother, her brother and the 4-year-old were all able to escape from the house. It took about 40 firefighters 20 minutes to get the fire under control. No injuries were reported.

Damage to the structure was estimated at $100,000, and damage to the home's contents was estimated at $25,000.

___

Information from: The Baltimore Sun, http://www.baltimoresun.com


(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)