Comment
0
Tweet
1
Print
RSS Feeds

3 firefighters burned in Temple Hills

Wednesday - 12/26/2012, 5:36pm  ET

TEMPLE HILLS, Md. (AP) - Authorities say three Prince George's County firefighters were injured while fighting a house fire in Temple Hills.

Fire department spokesman Mark Brady says the three firefighters sustained burns as a result of intense heat while trying to prevent a fire in the basement of the home from spreading. One was burned on the neck, ears and wrist; another was burned on his arms and wrist; and a third was burned on his ears, wrist and knee.

All three were transported to the Washington Hospital Center, where they were treated and released.

No others were injured. Firefighters were called to the scene just before 3 a.m. Wednesday and searched the house. They were later informed that all 13 occupants escaped safely.

Brady says the fire was caused by a malfunctioning dehumidifier.


(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)