PYLESVILLE, Md. (AP) - Fire officials say a man has died in a fire in his Pylesville home.
The State Fire Marshal's Office says 52-year-old Sheldon "Sam" Deller was pronounced dead at a local hospital after the Thursday afternoon blaze.
Officials say the fire began in Deller's bedroom, sending heavy smoke throughout the dwelling. Authorities say Deller's mother and sister tried to rescue him, but were forced to escape.
Authorities believe Deller died from smoke inhalation, but the state medical examiner will need to confirm the cause.
Officials say the fire, which was started in an overloaded electrical outlet, burned itself out before firefighters arrived.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
This fox plays like a cat when he gets his paws on a golf ball. (Video)
Cuomo to Kardashian: You might be breaking the law.
Can you guess why this pigeon is the world's most expensive?
While waiting for help, one man chose to entertain himself.