Comment
132
Tweet
1
Print
RSS Feeds

Fire destroyed more than 80 storage units in Manassas (VIDEO)

Monday - 10/15/2012, 7:27am  ET

manfire.jpg
Smoke raises over trees as Prince William County firefighters battle a three-alarm blaze at a Manassas self-storage facility. (Courtesy of Chuck Price)

WASHINGTON - Firefighters battled a three-alarm blaze at a Manassas, Va. self-storage facility late Sunday.

More than 100 firefighters from Prince William, Fauquier, Fairfax and Loudoun counties fought the fire, which started around 11 p.m. Sunday at the Stor-All self-storage facility at 7909 Sudley Rd.

Prince William Fire and Rescue Battalion Chief Curtis Brodie tells WTOP the fire damaged more than 80 storage bins that contained everything from household items to vehicles.

No one was hurt. The fire was out before 4 a.m.

Northbound Sudley Road, which had been closed as thick smoke filled the air, has reopened.

Chuck Price, who lives next to the storage facility, said the fire was "burning strong" as of 2:25 a.m. and the smell was toxic.

Check out the video below from Price.

Follow WTOP on Twitter.

(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)

Tags: manassasstor-all