Tim Bracken, wtop.com
WASHINGTON - Expect more delays than usual on the Southeast-Southwest Freeway and DC-295 due to ongoing construction.
Starting Monday and continuing through Dec. 31, the following weekday closures are possible:
Between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- A single lane closure on eastbound Southeast-Southwest Freeway/I-695 between the 11th Street Bridge and Pennsylvania Avenue.
Between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- A single lane closure on the ramp from the Southeast-Southwest Freeway to the outbound 11th Street Bridge, and on the ramp from the outbound 11th Street Bridge to southbound DC-295/I-295.
Between 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- A single lane closure on northbound DC-295 near Pennsylvania Avenue.
- A single lane closure on the ramps to the inbound 11th Street Bridge from both directions of DC-295/I-295.
Between 10 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- A single lane closure on southbound DC-295/I-295 between Pennsylvania Avenue and Howard Road.
On Saturdays and Sundays between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., watch for a single lane closure on the eastbound side of the Southeast-Southwest Freeway between 6th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)