Editor's Note: This story was last updated Monday night. Information is subject to change as power is restored.
WASHINGTON - Hundreds of intersections around the D.C. metro area are not working.
WTOP is compiling a list of some of the intersections.
In Montgomery County, there are approximately 240 intersections without working traffic lights.
Lights are dark at the following Montgomery County intersections:
- Connecticut Ave.(Md. 185) & Randolph Rd
- Connecticut Ave. (Md. 185) & Veirs Mill Rd. (Md. 586)
- Cabin John Pkwy. & Mac Arthur Blvd.
- Colesville Rd.(U.S. 29) & University Blvd. Eastbound (Md. 193) (Four Corners)
- Columbia Blvd. & Georgia Ave. (Md. 97) & Seminary Rd.
- Forest Glen Rd. & Forest Glen Rd.(Md. 192) & Georgia Ave.(Md. 97)
- Jones Bridge Rd. & Rockville Pike (Md. 355)
- River Rd.(Md. 190) & Wilson Ln.(Md.188)
- Little Falls Pkwy. & River Rd.(Md. 190)
- Democracy Blvd. & & Old Georgetown Rd. (Md. 187)
- E.Gude Dr. & Frederick Rd.(Md. 355) & W. Gude Dr.
More than 80 intersections in Fairfax County remain without working traffic lights.
Lights are dark at the following Fairfax County intersections:
- Route 123/International Dr.
- Route 7/Beulah
- Route 50/Gallows Rd.
- Route 50/Nutley St.
- West Ox Road/Fair Lakes Pkwy.
- Route 1/Telegraph Rd.
- Lorton Road/I-95
- Hummer Road/Gallows Rd.
- Fort Hunt/Belle Haven
- Baron Cameron/Fairfax County Pkwy.
- Reston Parkway/Lawyers Rd.
- Route 50/Stringfellow Rd.
These lights are inoperative in the Great Falls/Route 7 area.
- Leesburg Pike and Reston Avenue (Fire Station 39)
- eesburg Pike and Utterback Store Road
- Leesburg Pike and Colvin Road Road (both intersections)
- Leesburg Pike and Beulah Road/Forestville Road
- Swinks Mill Road and Old Dominion Drive
- Georgetown Pike and Old Dominion Drive (Entrance Road to Great Falls Park)
- Georgetown Pike and River Bend Road/Nethercliff Manor Road
- Georgetown Pike and Walker Road (Great Falls Village)
- Georgetown Pike and Springvale Rd
- Georgetown Pike and Utterback Store Road
- Georgetown Pike and Seneca Road
Some of the traffic lights in the area that are working appear to have generators attached to them.
In D.C., there were at least 65 major intersections without working traffic lights. as of 11:45 a.m. Monday.
Some of the major intersections affected include the following:
- Foxhall Rd. NW was closed, but is now open.
- 5900 block of New Hampshire Ave. NW was closed, but is now open.
- Canal Rd. NW between Arizona Ave. and Reservoir Rd. was closed due to downed wires, but is now open.
- First Street & Florida Avenue NE
- Florida Avenue & New Jersey Avenue NW
- Tenley Circle (Wisconsin Avenue & Nebraska Avenue NW)
- Kansas Avenue, Missouri Avenue & Kennedy Street NW
- 14th Street & Kennedy Street NW
- New Hampshire Avenue & Farragut Street NW
- 14th Street & Rhode Island Avenue NE
- 1st Street & Florida Avenue NW
- 13th Street & Michigan Avenue NE
- Michigan Avenue & Monroe Street NE
- Riggs Road & South Dakota Avenue NE
- 4th Street & Lincoln Road NE
- South Dakota Avenue & Monroe Street NE
- 27th Street & Pennsylvania Avenue SE
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)
How much did a painting of a topless "Golden Girl" fetch?
An 800-pound alligator? That's not bad for a first hunting trip.
The "Terminator 2" actor is suspected of violating a restraining order.
Weinstein showcases Kelly and Mandela films at Cannes.