UPPER MARLBORO, Md. - A family of five was transported to the hospital Sunday morning for carbon monoxide exposure.
Mark Brady, a spokesman for Prince George's County Fire and EMS, says the family woke up around 9 a.m. Sunday morning with headaches and other signs of carbon monoxide exposure.
The family was using a generator to power their home on the 12300 block of Putters Court. They did have the generator outside, but it was placed very close to a fireplace vent.
Firefighters believe that CO made its way into the home while the family slept.
The family was immediately removed from the home, and is currently in good condition.
A generator started a fire in Bowie Saturday night after it was placed too close to house.
Another person was treated for carbon monoxide exposure Saturday after placing his generator on a front porch near an open door.
Find tips for safely using a gas-powered generator here.
Follow WTOP on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)
Clothes have a starring role at the Cannes Film Festival. (Photos)
Which big cat had some trouble coughing this up? (Photos)
French universities could say goodbye to this language in class.
Doctors saved this boy's life with a medical first involving a printer.