WASHINGTON - The Newbury School in Gambrills, Md. was evacuated just after 1 p.m. Thursday after a gas leak at the school.
The Anne Arundel County Fire Department says a four-inch gas line was hit and about 50 kids were evacuated.
The kids were moved across the street to a fire station as a precaution. Their parents are able to pick them up there.
The kids are there for a summer camp for students in first through third grade.
Follow WTOP on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)