GIBSON ISLAND, Md. (AP) - Anne Arundel County firefighters say a woman has been injured in a house fire on Gibson Island.
Officials say the blaze was reported about 7 p.m. Sunday on Broadwater Way. Firefighters arrived to find a bedroom on fire.
It took 30 firefighters about 35 minutes to bring the blaze under control.
Officials say a woman was taken to a hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation.
The Capital of Annapolis) reports that the fire caused $75,000 in damage. Officials say the fire was caused by a malfunctioning electric blanket.
Information from: The Capital of Annapolis, Md., http://capitalgazette.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)