Comment
0
Tweet
0
Print
RSS Feeds

Md. man burned while lighting homemade grill

Monday - 5/28/2012, 1:46pm  ET

WALDORF, Md. - Authorities say a Waldorf man set himself on fire while trying to light a homemade barbecue pit.

Forty-five-year-old Bruce Sharp is being treated for non-life-threatening first- and second-degree burns. The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office says he was burned on about half his body.

The office says Sharp was injured while igniting a 270-gallon barrel that had been converted into a grill. Vapors from the flammable liquid caused a flash that burned him.

Sharp drove himself to a local hospital but was transferred to the burn unit at Washington Hospital Center.


(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Tags: waldorf