OXON HILL, Md. (AP) - A day after five people died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in Oxon Hill, Prince George's County firefighters will canvass the neighborhood to check for working smoke alarms and answer questions about the deadly gas.
Fire Chief Marc Bashoor will join firefighters going door-to-door in the Southlawn community of Oxon Hill. Firefighters will also knock on doors elsewhere in the county.
The department strongly recommends that residents install CO detectors in their home. There is no other way to detect the presence of the odorless, colorless gas.
A married couple, the woman's sister and two renters were found dead Monday in the Oxon Hill home. Fire officials say CO levels were extraordinarily high and that a broken exhaust pipe on the house furnace might have been to blame.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More cursing happens in Maryland than across the Potomac River.
So, who won "American Idol"? Click here to find out.
How much did a painting of a topless "Golden Girl" fetch?
Conn. zoo officials don't know how this baby got born.