Neal Augenstein, wtop.com
WASHINGTON -- Maybe it's all for the best.
Nobody won Tuesday's $363 million Mega Millions lottery jackpot, so losers, uh, players, may be looking for rationalizations to help them get over disappointment of not being able to walk into work to announce an instant retirement.
Granted, it'd be nice to live in a dream home, be able to do what you want or do nothing at all, and not have to worry about money.
Still, there are some upsides to not being a multimillionaire.
- Money can't buy love or happiness.
- You don't have to stand in line at the Department of Motor Vehicles to register that new Jaguar.
- It'd be a challenge hiring a house full of staff.
- You're already in a high-enough tax bracket.
- Scammers target rich people.
- You'd probably feel guilty not being able to help everyone who's not as wealthy as you.
- At some point you'd realize someone is richer than you are.
So, what's your way of dealing with not winning the Mega Millions lottery jackpot (at least until Friday's estimated $476 million drawing)? Post a comment in this story, comment on WTOP's Facebook Page or use #megaloser on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)