Paula Wolfson, wtop.com
WASHINGTON - More than two dozen hotels and restaurants in the area have new bragging rights.
Of all the establishments in North America rated by AAA, they are among the best of the best.
Among those winning the top status for 2012 -- the Five Diamond Award -- are the following:
- The Inn at Little Washington Dining Room, Washington, Va. (Longest running on the Five Diamond list at 24 consecutive years)
- The Four Seasons Hotel, Washington, D.C.
- The Inn at Little Washington, Washington, Va.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, D.C.
- CityZen Restaurant, Washington, D.C.
Five Diamond winners make up just 0.03 percent of the establishments rated by AAA throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.
Right behind -- representing just 3.8 percent -- are the Four Diamond Award winners. They include the following:
- The Hay-Adams
- The Fairmont
- The Morrison House - A Kimpton Hotel
- The Willard InterContinental
- The Hyatt Regency Reston
- Lansdowne Resort
- The Mayflower, A Renaissance Hotel
- The Ritz-Carlton Tysons
- Westfields Marriott
- Middleton Inn
- Omni Shoreham Hotel
- The Park Hyatt
- St. Regis
- Westin Alexandria
- The Fairfax at Embassy Row
- Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center on the Potomac, National Harbor
- Bourbon Steak Restaurant, D.C.
- Adour Restaurant, D.C.
- Volt Restaurant, Frederick, D.C.
Follow WTOP on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)