WASHINGTON - Roads will be closed for the State of the Union address Tuesday night.
Roads around the Capitol shut down at 7 p.m.
Here are the roads U.S. Capitol Police say will be affected.
North Side of Capitol Square
- D Street NE between 2nd Street NE and Louisiana Avenue, NW
- C Street NE between 2nd Street NE and Louisiana Avenue, NW
- Constitution Avenue between 2nd Street NE and Louisiana Avenue NW
- Delaware Avenue between Columbus Circle and Constitution Avenue NE
- New Jersey Avenue NE between Louisiana Avenue and D Street NE
- Pennsylvania Avenue between 1st Street and 3rd Street NW
- East Capitol Street between 2nd Street and 1st Street NE/SE
- 1st Street between Columbus Circle NE and C Street SE
- 1st Street between Louisiana Avenue NW and Washington Avenue SW
South Side of Capitol Square
- Maryland Avenue SW between 1st Street and 3rd Street, SW
- Independence Avenue between 2nd Street SE and Washington Avenue SW
- C Street between 1st Street SE and Washington Avenue SW
- Delaware Avenue between Washington Avenue SW and C Street SW
- New Jersey Avenue between Independence Avenue and D Street SE
- South Capitol Street between Independence Avenue and D Street SE/SW
All road closures and restrictions will stay in effect until after President Barack Obama finishes his 9 p.m. address.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)