FAIRFAX, Va. - Fairfax County Police now have a suspect in the serial buttocks slashings at area retail stores.
Police named Johnny D. Guillen Pimentel, 40, as the suspect in one of the assaults. Police have not said where Guillen Pimentel lives.
In nine separate incidents, young women have come forward, saying a man had slashed their clothing as they shopped.
Fairfax County Police spokeswoman Lucy Caldwell says detectives connected Guillen Pimentel to one of the cases.
"We're still investigating whether or not he may have been related to the rest of them [the cases]," Caldwell tells WTOP.
"This is still a very active investigation, and our detectives stress there is not a whole lot of information that we can put out without jeopardizing the investigation."
Below is a list of the reported incidents:
- July 25, Fair Oaks Mall, Forever XXI
- June 20, Greenbriar Shopping Center, Marshalls
- June 18, Tysons Corner Mall, H & M
- June 8, Fairfax Towne Center, T.J. Maxx
- May 16, Fair Oaks Mall, Ann Taylor
- March 11, Tysons Corner Center, H & M
- February 14, Fair Oaks Mall, near Champps
- February, Fair Oaks Mall (no other info available)
- February, Fair Oaks Mall XXI (no other info available)
An arrest warrant on a charge of malicious wounding has been issued, but detectives believe Guillen Pimentel may have left the area.
Fairfax County Police say he may be driving a blue, 2003 Honda Civic with Virginia tag KLX2689.
If you know where Guillen Pimentel is, contact police at 703-691-2131 or contact Crime Solvers by phone at 1-866-411-TIPS/8477. You also can email Crime Solvers or text "TIP187" plus your message to CRIMES/274637.
(Copyright 2011 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)