FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) -- Red Sox president Larry Lucchino says he thinks the team's sellout streak at Fenway Park will end in April, a month shy of 10 years of a packed ballpark.
Lucchino said Thursday at Red Sox spring training the 793-game streak which began May 15, 2003, could be snapped possibly as early as the second game of the season -- April 10 against the Orioles.
Lucchino also defended Boston's method of counting attendance -- tickets distributed.
"We didn't gerrymander a new definition (of sellout)," he said. "We took the definition that was in place and had been in place 10, 20 years before us and was commonplace among many clubs in baseball."
The Red Sox finished last in the AL East last year with a record of 69-93 and have not made the playoffs since 2009.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
"Jenny from the Block" wants you to buy Verizon phones from her.
This cutie needs a new home. She's WTOP's Pet of the Week.
Robin Roberts will write a memoir about her struggle with illness.
Ryan Gosling is breaking hearts at the Cannes Film Festival.