Ben Raby, wtop.com
WASHINGTON - A busy week of live play-by-play on Federal News Radio will see eight games airing over the next seven days. Among the broadcasts are three NBA games, four NCAA Basketball games and one NFL game.
- Monday, Nov. 19, 7:00 p.m. Wizards vs. Pacers (WFED 1500 AM): The Wizards (0-8) will look to avoid the worst start in franchise history when they host the Pacers (4-7) Monday night at Verizon Center. The Wizards are just the second team in NBA history to start 0-8 in consecutive seasons.
Among the Wizards' eight losses this season was an 89-85 loss in Indiana on Nov.10 in which Randy Wittman's team blew a seven point second quarter lead. Former Pacers point guard A.J. Price had 12 points and a season-high 14 assists in the loss. Pregame coverage for the Wizards-Pacers matchup begins at 6:45 p.m. with play-by-play voice Dave Johnson and color analyst Glenn Consor.
- Tuesday, Nov. 20, 7:00 p.m. Navy at TCU (WFED 1500AM): The Midshipmen (2-2) play their second of four straight road games Tuesday night when they visit the TCU Horned Frogs (3-1). Navy will look to rebound from Sunday's 82-63 loss at UAB.
Pregame coverage for Tuesday's matchup begins at 6:45 p.m. with play-by-play voice Pete Medhurst. The game will be available online on Federal News Radio's website.
- Wednesday, Nov. 21, 7:00 p.m. George Washington at Notre Dame (1050 AM): The GW Colonials (1-1) visit South Bend, Ind., Wednesday night where apparently there are other teams besides the nation's No.1 football squad.
The Colonials will face the Mike Brey's Fighting Irish (3-1) in the first of four games this season against power conference opponents. Brey is a GW alum and recently signed a 10-year contract extension to remain Notre Dame's head coach. Pregame coverage begins at 6:45 p.m. with play-by-play voice Byron Kerr. The game will be available online on Federal News Radio's website.
- Wednesday, Nov. 21, 7:30 p.m. Wizards at Atlanta (WFED 1500 AM): The Wizards seek their first road win of the season as they visit the Hawks (4-4, through Sunday) the night before Thanksgiving.
Washington has struggled against Atlanta in recent years losing 15 of their last 16 meetings including either straight at Phillips Arena. The Wizards last won in George on Jan. 11, 2008. Pregame coverage begins at 7:15 p.m. with Dave Johnson and Glenn Consor.
- Saturday, Nov. 24, 1:00 p.m. American at Florida Atlantic (1050 AM): The AU Eagles (2-1, through Sunday) visit Mike Jarvis' FAU Owls (1-3) next Saturday in Boca Raton, Fla. These schools met last Nov. 16 in a 62-56 win for AU at Bender Arena in D.C.
Extended pregame coverage begins at 12:30 p.m. with the Jeff Jones Coaches Show. The game will also air online on Federal News Radio's website with play-by-play voice Dan Laing and color analyst Jeremy Huber on the call.
- Saturday, Nov. 24, 2:00 p.m. George Washington vs. Hofstra (WFED 1500 AM): The Colonials return to Charles E. Smith Center next Saturday for a meeting with the Hofstra Pride (3-1, through Sunday).
The Pride won three games in as many days last weekend -- including a 103-100 double OT win against Marshall -- as part of the 2K Sports Classic benefiting Wounded Warrior Project. Extended pregame coverage begins at 1:30 p.m. with Byron Kerr. The game will also be available online on Federal News Radio's website.
- Saturday, Nov. 24, 7:00 p.m. Wizards vs. Charlotte (WFED 1500 AM): The Wizards begin a three-game home stand against a Bobcats team they met Nov. 13 in Charlotte. The Bobcats won the first meeting between the teams, 92-76 at Time Warner Cable Arena.
- Sunday, Nov. 18, 4:25 p.m. Ravens at San Diego (WFED 1500 AM): The Ravens (8-2) seek their fourth straight win as they head west to face the struggling Chargers (4-6). Norv Turner's Chargers have lost two straight and four of five overall.
Pregame coverage begins at 3:55 p.m. with play-by-play voice Gerry Sandusky, color analyst Qadry Ismail and sideline reporter Stan White.
Follow WTOP on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)
How did a photographer get an inside view of a bear's mouth? (Video)
How much did a painting of a topless "Golden Girl" fetch?
More cursing happens in Maryland than across the Potomac River.
So, who won "American Idol"? Click here to find out.