MUKILTEO, Wash. (AP) - A Mukilteo (Muk-al-TEO), Wash., School District spokesman says four third-graders suffered minor leg burns when a school bus radiator malfunctioned, sending steam through the floor of the bus.
Spokesman Andy Muntz said the four were taken to a hospital for treatment Monday afternoon. No serious injuries were reported.
They were part of a Fairmount Elementary School class returning after a field trip. Teachers and parents were also on the bus. The spokesman says steam blasted through the floor when the radiator blew out on the rear-engine bus. The burned students were sitting above the engine.
Another bus picked up the remaining students, teachers and parents.
Mukilteo is south of Everett.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Clothes have a starring role at the Cannes Film Festival. (Photos)
Robin Roberts will write a memoir about her struggle with illness.
This cutie needs a new home. She's WTOP's Pet of the Week.
This fox plays like a cat when he gets his paws on a golf ball. (Video)