WASHINGTON - As shorts and swimsuit season approaches, some are hitting the gym. Starting an exercise regimen can cause sore joints and muscles, especially for those over 40, so here are some foods to speed recovery from worldwinatl.com.
- Get powerful antioxidants and Vitamin E by snacking on cherries or drinking cherry juice.
- Muscles need protein to grow bigger and stronger. Walnuts, almonds, Brazil nuts all have Vitamin E which will help the muscle and reduce tearing.
- Whole grain cereals restore energy and are good before or after a workout.
- Salmon is loaded with protein and fatty acids which reduce inflammation and help strengthen muscles. A fish oil supplement will do the same.
- And, of course, be sure to take a couple days to recoup. Arnold didn't become The Terminator overnight.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)
Woody Harrelson is hustling a new type of paper.
The pope invited a teen with Down Syndrome up to his car for a spin.
Oreo's new flavor is getting a ton of buzz. So we tried it.
These are the unique names celebrities give their children. (Gallery)