SYDNEY (AP) - Indicted Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom admits his new file-sharing site is struggling to keep up with massive demand.
Dotcom launched the "Mega" site with a lavish party on Sunday, the anniversary of his arrest on racketeering charges related to his now-shuttered Megaupload. Dotcom says 500,000 users registered for Mega within 14 hours.
On Tuesday, Dotcom apologized on Twitter for "poor service" and said the launch party _ which featured a reenactment of last year's police raid on his mansion _ led to huge publicity and huge demand.
Dotcom tweeted: "Lesson learned... No fancy launch event for Megabox."
Dotcom plans to launch his Megabox music service in about six months.
U.S. prosecutors accuse Dotcom of facilitating massive online piracy with Megaupload.
Dotcom says he's innocent and remains free on bail.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)