Max Smith, wtop.com
WASHINGTON - There's a new look at the music choices of people who are getting into a relationship and those who just split up, just in time for Valentine's day.
Facebook looked at what users were listening to on the online music streaming service Spotify just after changing their relationship status.
People just getting into "Facebook official" relationships listen to songs like "Don't Wanna Go Home" by Jason Derulo, "Love On Top" by Lil Wayne, and "Just The Way You Are" by Bruno Mars.
"The Cave" by Mumford and Sons is the most popular song for those that just changed their relationship status to single. It's followed by Drake's "Crew Love" and Kanye West's "All Of The Lights".
Bruno Mars songs make both lists, with "Just The Way You Are" popular with those getting into relationships, and "It Will Rain" in the top 10 for those ending them.
If you're making up or breaking up, Facebook has created Spotify playlists for each top ten list.
Songs people listen to when entering into a relationship:
- "Don't Wanna Go Home" by Jason Derulo
- "Love On Top" by Beyoncé
- "How to Love" by Lil Wayne
- "Just The Way You Are" by Bruno Mars
- "Good Feeling" by Flo Rida
- "It Girl" by Jason Derulo
- "Stereo Hearts" by Gym Class Heroes featuring Adam Levine
- "Criminal" by Britney Spears
- "No Sleep" by Wiz Khalifa
- "Free Fallin'" by John Mayer
Songs listened by people after ending a relationship:
- "The Cave" by Mumford and Sons
- "Crew Love" by Drake
- "All of the Lights" by Kanye West
- "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele
- "Take Care" by Drake
- "It Will Rain" by Bruno Mars
- "We Found Love" by Rihanna & Calvin Harris
- "Call It What You Want" by Foster the People
- "Love You Like a Love Song" by Selena Gomez and the Scene
- "Without You" by David Guetta featuring Usher
You can listen to the lists made by Facebook on Spotify.
You must have Spotify installed on your computer to listen to the mixes.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)