SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Roughly 3,500 U.S. colleges and universities raised a total of $31 billion in the 2012 fiscal year, according to an annual college fundraising survey by the Council for Aid to Education in New York.
Here are the top 10 fundraising campuses:
1. Stanford University, Stanford, Calif. -- $1.035 billion
2. Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass. -- $650 million
3. Yale University, New Haven, Conn. -- $544 million
4. University of Southern California, Los Angeles -- $492 million
5. Columbia University, New York -- $490 million
6. Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore -- $480 million
7. University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia -- $441 million
8. University of California-Berkeley, Berkeley, Calif. -- $405 million
9 New York University, New York -- $396 million
10. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Mass. -- $379 million
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber are the key nominees.
How much did a painting of a topless "Golden Girl" fetch?
Conn. zoo officials don't know how this baby came to be born.
Weinstein showcases Kelly and Mandela films at Cannes.