WASHINGTON --Authorities say a Florida family purchased and then fell ill after eating meat tainted with LSD.
The mother of the family was 9 months pregnant. Doctors treating the family induced labor and the woman had a healthy baby boy.
The entire family was eventually released from the hospital in good condition.
Tampa police say the family of four ate the bottom round steak Monday after purchasing it from a Wal-Mart in Tampa. The Hillsborough County Medical Examiner's Office reported Friday that the meat had been contaminated with the hallucinogenic drug.
The store has since turned over all its meat to police for testing and police are now investigating how it was contaminated by the drug, which when ingested, can cause hallucinations.
The Associated Press contributed to this report
© 2014 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.