How you can help
WTOP's Neal Augenstein reports
WASHINGTON - After tragedies like the tornado in Moore, Okla., your help is needed.
Below are some reputable charities that assist when disasters strike.
- Donate to the Red Cross online.
- Text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- Call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
- Donate to the Salvation Army online.
- Text STORM to 80888 to make a $10 donation.
- Call the Salvation Army at 1-800-SAL-ARMY (725- 2769).
- Mail your donation, with Oklahoma Tornado Relief designated on your check, to
The Salvation Army Disaster Relief
P.O. BOX 12600
Oklahoma City, OK 73157
- Donate to Catholic Charities online.
Save the Children
- Text TWISTER to 20222 to donate $10 to Save the Children.
- The website has gathered a list of charities that are responding to the Oklahoma tornado. See the list here
Follow @WTOP on Twitter.
© 2013 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.