LONG BEACH, Calif. (AP) - A Southern California man has been hospitalized after a barbecue exploded and touched off a house fire.
City News Service says the Long Beach man was lighting a barbecue in the rear portion of his home when there was a flash explosion just before dawn on Monday.
The blast sparked a small fire that was quickly extinguished by firefighters
The man is in a hospital with second-degree burns on his face. His name hasn't been released.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Clothes have a starring role at the Cannes Film Festival. (Photos)
What will you be doing when you're 81? Probably not this.
WTOP takes an all-electric motorcycle for a test drive. (Video)
This fox plays like a cat when he gets his paws on a golf ball. (Video)