HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - A Connecticut attorney seeking to sue the state for $100 million on behalf of a 6-year-old survivor of the Newtown school massacre has withdrawn the claim _ at least for now.
The Stamford Advocate reports ( http://bit.ly/U4Jfni) that Irving Pinsky withdrew the lawsuit but says he might refile. He says he received new evidence on security at Sandy Hook Elementary School and is reviewing it.
Pinsky last week asked to sue the state, saying his client suffered "emotional and psychological trauma and injury" during the shooting rampage that killed 20 children and six adults. He says state officials failed to prevent his client from foreseeable harm.
The state attorney general said Monday there appears to be no basis to support the suit or the state's liability.
Information from: The Advocate, http://www.stamfordadvocate.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
A 19-year-old decides to catch a ride on a whale shark. (Video)
Miss Utah's 2nd chance at the pageant answer that went viral. (Video)
The U. of Oregon is cracking down on jumbo seat cushions.
Ed Koch planned every detail of his funeral - except one crucial date.