WASHINGTON - Loudoun County Fire Department is investigating a possible carbon monoxide leak Wednesday evening at a townhouse in Ashburn, Va.
Loudoun County Fire says 14 people have been taken to Lansdowne Hospital to be checked for carbon monoxide poisoning.
The leak was caused when someone left a car running inside a garage in the 22600 block of High Haven Terrance, a county spokeswoman tells WTOP.
All 14 people inside the townhouse were in the area for the holidays and have been taken to the hospital as a precaution. Loudoun County Fire says all were conscious and alert.
Follow @WTOP on Twitter.
© 2014 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.