STERLING, Va. (AP) - Loudoun County officials have determined that a fire that displaced more than two dozen residents of Sterling apartment building was accidental.
WJLA-TV reports that officials determined the fire was caused by the improper disposal of smoking materials.
The fire broke out early Sunday morning at the building in the 20500 block of Reserve Falls Terrace. Loudoun Fire-Rescue officials said one person was taken to Inova Loudoun Hospital with possible smoke inhalation and a second person was taken to the hospital for a minor medical emergency. No other injuries were reported.
Officials say 13 apartments had fire and smoke damage, leaving 26 residents displaced.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Robin Roberts will write a memoir about her struggle with illness.
What will you be doing when you're 81? Probably not this.
French universities could say goodbye to this language in class.
Ryan Gosling is breaking hearts at the Cannes Film Festival.