Comment
0
Tweet
0
Print
RSS Feeds

Woman dies after McLean fire

Tuesday - 1/21/2014, 10:37am  ET

UPDATE - Tuesday - 1/21/2014, 10:33 a.m. ET

Marguerite Louise Moran, 90, of McLean, died Jan. 9, 2014, from injuries sustained in the house fire, Fairfax County Fire and Rescue says. She died of smoke inhalation, according to the medical examiner.

EARLIER - Friday - 12/27/2013, 10:51 a.m. ET

MCLEAN, Va. (AP) -- Fairfax County fire officials say a woman was taken to a hospital and six of her cats were dead after a fire at her McLean home.

Capt. William Moreland, a spokesman with Fairfax County Fire and Rescue, says the fire broke out at the home on Westmoreland Street on Thursday afternoon.

Moreland say firefighters found a woman unconscious inside and she was taken to MedStar Washington Hospital Center's burn center with life-threatening injuries.

Six cats were dead but firefighters were able to revive one dog and one cat. They were taken to Suburban Animal hospital, where they were treated and released.

Damage is estimated at $50,000.


Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.