WASHINGTON - The funeral service for United States Park Police Sergeant Michael Boehm will be held today in Burke, Va. and police are warning area drivers to expect traffic.
The processional will leave The Church of the Nativity in around 11:30 a.m., and there will be several rolling closures along the route.
Key areas to expect delays/closures: Interstate 395 HOV lanes between the Fairfax County Parkway and Washington Bouleverd, the Memorial Bridge, Independence Avenue between 23rd Street and Maine Avenue SW, and around Potomac Park, where the Park Police headquarters is located.
Here are points where you’ll find rolling closures:
- Fairfax County Parkway/7100 between Old Keene Mill Road and I-95/I-395 HOV
- Interstate 95/I-395 HOV between the Fairfax County Parkway/7100 and Washington Boulevard/VA-27
- Washington Boulevard/VA-27 between I-395 and the Memorial Bridge
- Memorial Bridge to Lincoln Circle/23rd Street SW
- Independence Avenue between 23rd Street and Maine Avenue SW
- Maine Avenue between Independence Ave and Ohio Drive/East Basin Drive SW
- Ohio Drive SW around the US Park Police Headquarters/Potomac Park
After the procession makes its way to Park Police headquarters, it will turn around and head back to SB I-395/I-95 to the Fairfax County Parkway, then to Braddock Road, where the cemetery is located.
See the full route here.
Follow WTOPTraffic on Twitter for the latest updates
(Copyright 2011 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)