MUSKEGON, Mich. (AP) -- Some patrons at a western Michigan amusement park have been hosed down after being exposed to chlorine gas near a wave pool.
Muskegon County Sheriff Dean Roesler tells The Muskegon Chronicle that the gas was created Friday afternoon by the release of a combination of chemicals at Michigan's Adventure.
Twenty-seven people were being received at two area hospitals. At least 25 people were showered off Friday afternoon in the park's parking lot. A hazardous materials response team, paramedics and firefighters were called to the park.
WJRW-AM reports that two hospitals went on lockdown earlier due to the risk of chlorine exposure.
Michigan's Adventure, north of Grand Rapids in Muskegon, is the state's largest amusement and water park.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.