It seems like nearly every weekend there’s track work impacting Arlington Metro riders. Not this weekend, though — the only track work causing delays is on the Red Line.
In case you want to plan for future weekend Metro delays and closures, the agency has released a schedule of major track work planned through the end of the year. The work includes Silver Line testing and track maintenance.
The weekend projects impacting Arlington riders:
- July 27-28 and Aug. 24-25 – Ballston is the western end of the Orange Line, with East Falls Church and other stations closed.
- Sept. 7-8 — East Falls Church station closed, buses replace trains between Ballston and West Falls Church.
- Oct. 26-27 — L’Enfant Plaza station closed, buses replace trains between the Pentagon and Archives.
- Dec. 7-8 — Reagan National Airport and Crystal City stations closed, buses replace trains between Braddock Road and Pentagon City.
- Dec. 14-15 — Pentagon station closed, buses replace trains between Pentagon City and Arlington Cemetery/L’Enfant Plaza.
- Dec. 21-22 — Rosslyn and Arlington Cemetery stations closed, buses replace trains between Court House/Pentagon and Foggy Bottom.
The schedule may change, Metro said, depending on weather and construction delays.
Closing stations and doing major work on weekends “allows Metro to complete rebuilding work faster and safer, while allowing trains outside of the work zones to operate with fewer delays,” the agency said. “While there will be delays and inconvenience associated with the critical work we’re undertaking, please be assured that we will take all possible steps to minimize your inconvenience.”
Flickr pool photo by Chris Rief