Arlington County has released the performance schedule for the upcoming summer season at the Lubber Run Amphitheater.
Opening night at the amphitheater is scheduled for Friday, June 14, with soul and R&B artist Marry Ann Redmond performing. The season will close on Saturday, Aug. 3 with hip hop and jazz artist Rico Amero.
The amphitheater, which underwent a round of critical repairs in 2011, is located at N. Columbus Street and 2nd Street N., two blocks north of Route 50.
The full schedule can be found below. All shows are free and open to the public, and start at 8:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
- Friday, June 14 — Mary Ann Redmond (soul/R&B)
- Saturday, June 15 — Halau O’Aulani and the Aloha Boys (Hawaiian dance)
- Monday, June 17 — Metropolitan Chorus (choral)
- Wednesday, June 19 — Potomac Harmony Chorus (a cappella)
- Friday, June 21 – The U.S. Army Blues (jazz)
- Saturday, June 22 — King Teddy (big band/swing)
- Sunday, June 23 at 6:00 p.m. — The Constituents (acoustic/Caribbean)
- Friday, June 28 — Margot MacDonald (singer-songwriter)
- Saturday, June 29 — Eric Scott (pop/neo-soul)
- Sunday, June 30 at 6:00 p.m. — Black Muddy River Band (acoustic)
- Friday, July 5 — Colleen Shanley and Grand Junction (bluegrass/folk rock)
- Saturday, July 6 — Mystic Warriors (New Age/jazz)
- Sunday, July 7 at 6:00 p.m. — Bob Gibson Big Band (big band/swing)
- Friday, July 12 — Juniper Lane (pop/rock)
- Saturday, July 13 — Andrew Acosta and the New Old Time String Band (acoustic/traditional)
- Sunday, July 14 at 6:00 p.m. — Russkie Musikanti (Russian folk)
- Friday, July 19 – Ted Garber (blues/rock)
- Saturday, July 20 — The Grandsons (rock)
- Friday, July 26 — “Much Ado About Nothing” (Shakespeare play)
- Saturday, July 27 — The Tone Rangers (a cappella/comedy)
- Friday, August 2 — Hexagon (political satire)
- August 3 — Rico Amero (hip hop/jazz)