The 2012 winners of the annual Arlington’s Best Business Awards (ABBIES) were announced at this afternoon’s Arlington County Board meeting.
The contest organizer, Arlington Economic Development, said residents cast more than 5,000 online votes for their favorite local businesses. The nominees in each of the 17 categories can be found here.
The big winner was Mark Fedorchak, co-owner of Liberty Tavern and Northside Social, who walked away with three awards. ARLnow.com also won an award.
The winners are as follows:
- Best Place for Arts & Culture: Signature Theatre
- Best Bargain Restaurant: Lost Dog Café
- Best Boutique: Artisan Confections
- Best Brunch: The Liberty Tavern
- Best Business Lunch: The Liberty Tavern
- Best Coffee: Northside Social
- Best Community Non-Profit: Animal Welfare League of Arlington
- Best Customer Service: Arlington Public Library
- Best Dessert: Heidelberg Pastry Shoppe
- Best Family-Friendly Spot: Arlington Public Library
- Best Happy Hour: Westover Beer Garden & Haus
- Best New Business: Trader Joe’s
- Best Online/Social Media Presence: ARLnow.com
- Best Place to Pamper Yourself: Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa
- Best Pizza: Pupatella
- Best Place to take a Date: Arlington Cinema & Draft House
- Best Place to Work Out: Thomas Jefferson Community Center
These are the unique names celebrities give their children. (Gallery)
Oreo's new flavor is getting a ton of buzz. So we tried it.
Woody Harrelson is hustling a new type of paper.
The U. of Oregon is cracking down on a fan favorite.