In addition to looking at trends, part of the discussions will examine recent incidents of violent crimes. Residents will be able to ask questions and voice concerns about crime throughout Arlington as a whole, and localized crime in each neighborhood.
District commanders and officers from each of the three districts’ community policing teams will be on hand to present information and answer questions. Police Chief M. Douglas Scott and Deputy Chief Michael Dunne will also attend the forums.
The meetings will take place on the following dates:
- District One – October 17, 2012, 7:00 p.m. at Madison Community Center, 3829 N. Stafford Street, Room 6
- District Two (South) – October 24, 2012, 7:00 p.m. at Our Lady of Lourdes Church, 830 S. 23rd Street
- District Two (North) – November 1, 2012, 7:00 p.m. at Key Elementary School, 2300 Key Blvd, multi-purpose room
- District Three – October 25, 2012, 7:00 p.m. at Arlington Career Center, 816 S. Walter Reed Drive
There is an online list naming each of the county’s neighborhoods which police districts they fall into. For additional questions, contact the appropriate district commander listed below:
- District 1: Captain Karen Herchenroder, 703-228-4062, email@example.com
- District 2: Captain Andy Penn, 703-228-4327, firstname.lastname@example.org
- District 3: Captain Brett Butler, 703-228-4097, email@example.com