Firefighters responded to a small fire at Silver Diner in Clarendon (3200 Wilson Boulevard) this afternoon.
The fire was reported in a trash compactor behind the restaurant around 3:00 p.m. The flames, which did not appear to pose a threat to the building, were extinguished by the time fire trucks arrived on scene. Firefighters used a hose to douse some of the smoldering contents of the trash compactor.
Patrons of the diner did not evacuate the building during the incident, we’re told.
An 18-year-old creates a tiny device that charges a phone quickly. (Video)
Fans have hooked up RG3 and his fiancee for their wedding.
J.K. Rowling scribbled notes and drawings in a first-edition copy.
Scenes from last night's show and spectacle in Las Vegas.(Photos)