The market, which is now managed by FRESHFARM Markets and sponsored by the new Ballston Business Improvement District, will be held Thursdays from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. in Welburn Square, through October 25. The square is located between N. Stuart and Taylor Streets, across from the Ballston Metro station.
Today’s grand opening will feature live music from local rockabilly group Jumpin’ Jupiter.
Per the Ballston BID, the merchants planning to offer their products at the market include:
- Evergrain Bread Company (Chestertown, MD)
- Garden Path Farm (Newburg, PA)
- Wild Rose Soap Company (Gaithersburg, MD)
- Pleitez Produce (Montross, VA)
- Capitol Kettle Corn (Ft. Meade, MD)
- Westmoreland Berry Farm (Oak Grove, VA)
- The Farms at Ellis Bay (Nanticoke, MD)
- Keswick Creamery at Carrock Farm (Newburg, PA)
- Gunpowder Bison & Trading Co. (Monkton, MD)
- Fresh Crunch Pickles (Arlington, VA)
- Radix Farm (Upper Marlboro, MD)
- Shells Yes! Crab Cake Company (Chester, MD)
- Mickley’s Orchard (Biglerville, PA)
File photo. Disclosure: Ballston BID is an ARLnow.com advertiser.
A funeral home offers a bicycle hearse and a casket that's a basket.
What famous actor should be cast to play this guy?
An 18-year-old creates a tiny device that charges a phone quickly. (Video)
J.K. Rowling scribbled notes and drawings in a first-edition copy.