ALEXANDRIA, Va. - A bizarre backyard accident has left an Alexandria woman with severe burns.
The Alexandria fire department says the 53-year-old woman was trying to light an outdoor metal fire place on her patio on the 300 block North Fayette Street Saturday night when an accumulation of vapors from the fuel apparently created a flash fire burning the woman substantially.
She has been transported to the burn center at MedStar Washington Hospital Center with second and third degree burns on 80 percent of her body.
Her current condition is not known at this time.
Follow WTOP on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)
Emma Watson revels in her post-"Potter" freedom at Cannes.
How much did a painting of a topless "Golden Girl" fetch?
So, who won "American Idol"? Click here to find out.
What you probably shouldn't buy your kids on Amazon. (Photos)