Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington handed out its prestigious 32nd annual RAMMY awards Sunday night, naming the top chefs, mixologists and restaurateurs in the region's restaurant industry. The annual event shook things up with a new venue: the Walter E. Washington Convention Center.
And now for the winners:
- Formal Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year: Fiola
- Upscale Casual Restaurant of the Year: Ripple
- Everyday Casual Restaurant of the Year: Toki Underground
- New Restaurant of the Year: The Red Hen
- Chef of the Year: Haidar Karoum, Doi Moi, Estadio, Proof
- Rising Culinary Star of the Year: Michael Friedman, The Red Hen
- Pastry Chef of the Year: Caitlin Dysart, 2941 Restaurant
- Wine Program of the Year: Ripple
- Cocktail Program of the Year: Jack Rose Dining Saloon
- Beer Program of the Year: Birch and Barley / ChurchKey
- Service Program of the Year: Blue Duck Tavern
- Restaurateur of the Year: Michael Babin, Neighborhood Restaurant Group
- Regional Food and Beverage Producer of the Year: Red Apron Butcher
- Favorite Gathering Place of the Year: Hank's Oyster Bar – Dupont Circle
- Upscale Casual Brunch: Mintwood Place
- Everyday Casual Brunch: Pearl Dive Oyster Palace
- Favorite Fast Bites: Amsterdam Falafelshop
- Joan Hisaoka Allied Member of the Year: ProFish Ltd .
- Employee of the Year: Stelios Alexandris, 1789 Restaurant
- Manager of the Year: Boo Young Kim, District Commons
© 2014 American City Business Journals, Inc.