WASHINGTON -- Whether you like yours with lettuce and tomato, rare or of the veggie variety or slathered in ketchup, there are tons of different kinds of burgers to gobble up.
And May, also known as National Hamburger Month, is just to time to do it.
In honor of the burger bonanza, WTOP turned to a very unscientific place to find the top burgers in the area. We looked at online review site, Yelp to point out some of the best-rated local burger joints.
The No. 1 ranked burger restaurant is D.C.'s Fast Gourmet. Quarry House Tavern in Silver Spring, Maryland came in second and national favorite Five Guys Burgers and Fries rounded out the top 3.
Check out the full list of highest-rated burger restaurants, according to Yelp:
- Fast Gourmet -- 1400 W St NW in
- Quarry House Tavern -- 8401
Georgia Ave. in Silver Spring
- Five Guys Burgers and Fries -- 6210
Quander Rd in Alexandria
- Bourbon Steak -- 2800
Pennsylvania Ave NW in D.C.
- Ray's To The Third -- 1650 Wilson
Blvd in Arlington
- Big Buns -- 4401 Wilson Blvd. in
- Ben's Chili Bowl -- 1213 U St NW in
- Matchbox 14th Street -- 1901 14th
St NW in D.C.
- The Broiler -- 3601 Columbia Pike in
- DC9 Nighclub -- 1940 9th St NW
WTOP removed duplicate Five Guys Burgers and Fries entries from the rankings. Yelp ranked three other Five Guys locations in the top 10 list.
National Hamburger Month has a social media following. Eat up the action with #nhm2014 on Twitter.
© 2014 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.