WASHINGTON - It seems like a new bar or restaurant pops up every other day in the D.C. region.
From sandwiches to gnocchi, local eateries and watering holes are bursting with new flavors and innovative menus. Check out some of the newest offerings below:
- If you're in the mood for a taste of Italy, stop by Fabio Trabocchi's follow-
Fiola, Casa Luca. It serves regional Italian cuisine inspired by the chef's
home town of Le Marche, The Washington
Post writes. Casa Luca is located at 1099 New York Ave. Call 202-628-1099 for
- Celebrity chef Mike Isabella is bringing a little bit of Greece to the 14th
corridor. Kapnos offers small plates ranging from seafood to roasted meats,
and includes many options for vegetarians. Try the roasted duck phyllo pie with
watercress, cherries and pistachio yogurt or the lamb and eggplant Moussaka.
Kapnos is located at 2201 14th St. NW. Call 202-234-5000 for more.
- For something a little lighter, stop by Isabella's new sandwich shop, which
be located next door to Kapnos. G will "feature modern takes on the beloved
sandwiches of Isabella's New Jersey childhood," DCist
says. Be on the look out for chicken parmesan and a meatball sub topped with a
pork neck. The sandwich shop will open Aug. 3, and an evening tasting menu will be
offered starting Aug. 11. G is located at 2201 14th St. NW. Call 202-234-5015 for
- In the mood for beer? Head to Northeast to try D.C.'s newest microbrewery, Bardo Brewpub. Enjoy a drink near one of the outdoor tables or grills, or play a game of cornhole. And don't miss movie nights. Tuesday they showed "Caddyshack" on an outdoor screen. Bardo is located at 1200 Bladensburg Rd. Call 762-233-7070.
- Falls Church goes south of the border with Chef Victor Albisu's latest
venture, Taco Bamba Taqueria. The casual
offers tacos, tortas and sopes for both lunch and dinner. The restaurant gets
bonus points for opening at 6:30 a.m. for the early bird crowd. Taco Bamba is
located at 2190 Pimmit Dr.,
in Falls Church, Va. Call 703-639-0505 for more information.
- Hungry for a quick bite of Thai food? Rosslyn's new Tom Yum District takes the Chipotle model of fast food but gives it an Asian twist. Customers pick a base -- either rice or noodles -- and build their bowl from there. They also offer 10 toppings and several fresh sauces. Stop by their new location at 1515 Wilson Blvd. in Arlington. Call 703-528-8424 for more information.
- Chef Steve Markham is taking the plunge from truck to restaurant this
Bethesda. The owner of one3five, which has been located in the parking lot of the
Montgomery Farm Women's Cooperative Market since 2011, is opening a new sit-down
eatery right down the street. Markham's will feature American comfort food
Southern fried oysters, homemade biscuits and hamburgers. It will be located at
7141 Wisconsin Ave. in Bethesda, Md.
- Potomac's upscale Bezu is closing its doors and reopening as a casual, modern bistro. Mix Bar and Grill will open at the end of August and will feature American cuisine with a Mediterranean touch, Bethesda Magazine reports. Mix Bar and Grill will be located at 9812 Falls Road. Call 301-299-3000 for more information.
© 2013 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.