Bob Madigan, wtop.com
WASHINGTON - Today is National Peanut Butter Lover's Day. In honor of the holiday, WTOP's Bob Madigan shares his favorite peanut butter concoction.
I qualify as a Peanut Butter Lover because I have it every day. It is part of my breakfast routine. Here is a recipe given to me by my fitness doctor Pamela Peeke because it provides necessary protein, fats and fiber to get the day started.
- 2 or 3 multigrain Wasa crackers
- 1 tablespoon per cracker of Natural Chunky Peanut Butter
1. Use a knife to remove peanut butter from jar and schmear it gently on the Wasa cracker.
2. I find a paper towel is a fine accoutrement. Bounty Select-A-Size is the least wasteful in my estimation.
3. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy.
I also have fresh fruit as part of my breakfast. It could turn out to be my most healthy meal of the day.
Follow @WTOPLiving on Twitter.
© 2013 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.