WASHINGTON -- Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? Or are you wide-eyed and ready to tackle the world?
Much of your success in a day could hinge on how you spent the first 15 minutes of your morning after waking up, according to Yahoo Small Business Advisor.
Productivity coach Hillary Rettig says the first minutes of your day are vital. To get the most out of your morning and maximize productivity, she suggests the following:
- Stay offline until later in the morning -- at least 10 a.m., she advises. It's too easy to get sucked into the Internet and waste time.
- Keep the TV off. It can extend your morning routine.
- Get some morning exercise. If you don't have time for a work out, start the day with some stretching, twisting or dancing.
- Don't answer the phone unless you absolutely have to. It can distract you and take you off track.
- Tackle the easiest work first. Starting the day with something more likely to yield a positive outcome can motivate you for the rest of the day.
© 2014 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.