WASHINGTON - If you think about not taking that job, losing a love or letting fear stop you from going forward, you are not alone. These are some regrets making a very important list.
The website Viral Nova compiled the list of 37 things that those nearing the end of their lives say are top regrets including:
- Don't be afraid to say, "I Love You."
- Don't stay in a bad relationship as it can be hurtful and harmful in too many ways down the road.
- Don't stay in terrible job even though you may need to pay the rent, consider how long can you be miserable.
- Spend time with your kids, your pets and travel as it's a big world out there - go see it.
The advice to tackle looming regrets:
- Put away the cell phone.
- Lighten up on the text messages.
- Live in the moment.
- Don't care too much what others think of you.
What will you regret when you get older? The answer, hopefully, shouldn't be much.
Follow @WTOP on Twitter.
© 2014 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.