WASHINGTON - They don't call it the fountain of youth for nothing.
Eleven drinks -- ranging from soy milk to beet juice to alcohol -- can help delay aging of your body and mind, according to research compiled by the blog Eating Well.
Anti-aging drinks and what each does:
- Pink grapefruit juice helps promote smoother skin.
- Alcohol may ward off dementia.
- Cocoa leads to a healthy heart.
- Beet juice helps beat Alzheimer's disease.
- Green tea reduces inflammation.
- Soymilk helps firm skin and reduce wrinkles.
- Milk builds muscle mass.
- Carrot juice assists memory.
- Coffee prevents skin cancer.
- Water makes your breath smell better.
- Orange juice wards off eye problems.
© 2013 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.
Emma Watson revels in her post-"Potter" freedom at Cannes.
How did a photographer get an inside view of a bear's mouth? (Video)
Would you give this guy your number? Most likely, says a new study.
What you probably shouldn't buy your kids on Amazon. (Photos)